Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Outreach Project
Our Community Employment (CE) programme is a vital aspect of our work and is aimed at long-term unemployed people who have been affected by substance misuse and related issues. The programme provides training, meaningful work experience through work placements, personal development and supports towards further education and training options.
We are currently developing a new approach to CE as an aftercare placement option. The programme will provide a career path for recovering substance misusers who have shown a readiness to move into employment opportunities.
Participants are supported to reintegrate into the community by means of work placement. DROP will source prospective employers in the Community of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown who will offer work placements that match the interests, skills and abilities of participants.
Some of the benefits to taking up a place on Community Employment are:
- Engaged in useful activities and meeting new people
- Support and guidance around various life issues
- Training and development opportunities
- Work experience opportunities
- Support around substance misuse and related issues
- Care-planning to assist in setting and achieving goals
- Personal development
- Make contact with us for assessment.
- Meet the eligibility criteria – we will help you with this
- Complete a referral form – we will help you with this
You need to be available to undertake a work readiness programme
You need to be available to undertake training and upskilling